She is working with the surrounding world both thematic and as material and her works range from experimental chamber music to electro acoustic pieces (live electronics, soundscape composition, installation, ambisonics) to performances and audiovisual works. She belongs to a new generation of artists and composers who work with 3D audio, immersive and surrounding sound.
Lately (2017) Surel Lange have had three separate sound art solo exhibitions at Lydgalleriet in Bergen (NO), Galleri Ariblå in Sortland (NO) and Villa Borealis in Berlevåg (NO), participated with an sound installation at the group exhibition “Montage is a Heartbeat” in Seoul, South Korea, made during the 40-day Deep in the Mountains residency, written the experimental audiovisual work “Pressure” for ensemble asamisimasa for their recent nyMusikk tour in Norway. Her ongoing project sounddestination is continuing to sound map the world.
Surel Lange is working/have worked with ensembles like asamisimasa (NO), Lydenskab (DK), Alpaca Ensemble (NO), SISU Percussion Ensemble (NO) and Chordos String Quartet (LT), and her works and installations have been performed/presented at festivals like Borealis (NO), Nordic Music Days (DK/IS), UNM (SE/FI/NO), DruskoManija (LT), Berlin International Guitar Festival (DE), Echofluxx (CZE) and in big parts of Europe, and in Russia, Canada and South Korea.
- 2015/17 – Master in Music Performance Technology at The Norwegian Academy of Music
- 2016/17 – Exchange semester in Digital Composition at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre
- 2013/15 – Bachelor in Composition at The Norwegian Academy of Music
- 2011/13 – Bachelor in Sound Design (part of my bachelor in composition) at Sonic College (DK)
- 2010/11 – Private viola da gamba studies with Paolo Pandolfo
- 2009/10 – Bachelor in viola da gamba (unfinished) at The Royal Music Academy of Denmark
Last three photos by Dagmara Wojtanowicz.